The Mount Precipice or Mount of the Leap, also known as Mount of Precipitation is located on the southern edge of Nazareth mountains, 2.0 km of the Nazareth modern city center.
It site is related to Rejection of Jesus described in Luke Gospel 4:29-30
"The people of Nazareth, not accepting Jesus as Messiah tried to push him from the mountain, but "he passed through the midst of them and went away."
The Mount of Precipice
Then a shoot will spring from the stem of Jesse, and a branch from his roots will bear fruit.
Nazareth is visited every year by millions of people all over the world and also by many Israeli Jews, because the city is known for its cultural variety and its cuisine, in addition, it offers more interested in tourism, all sorts of options, good hotels with good prices, Arabic food restaurants of good quality, wineries, bars, market, centuries-old churches, Turkish baths and even the Nazareth village, an attempt to play would be like Nazareth 2000 years ago, in the days of Jesus .
In 2014 the city's population was about 75,000 people, of whom 70% were Muslim and 30% Christian, the nearby town, Nazareth Illit is fully Jewish, with a population of 40,000 inhabitants, together they form the largest city of Galilee. Nazareth is also considered the Arab capital of Israel, for both Christians and Muslims are of Arab
One school says that "Nazareth" is derived from one of the Hebrew words for 'branch', ie ne · TSER, נֵ֫צֶר,  in reference to the messianic prophetic words in the book of Isaiah 11: 1:
There shall come forth a shoot from the stump of Jesse, and from his roots a Branch shall grow..
Another view suggests that this place name may be an example of a tribal name used by resettling groups on his return from exile. Alternatively, the name may derive from the verb in · tsar, נָצַר, "hold, hold, hold," and is understood both in the sense of "watchtower" or "guard place," which means that the city at the beginning It was on or near the hill ridge, or, in the passive sense as "preserved and protected" in reference to its isolated location. Negative references to Nazareth in the Gospel of John suggest that the ancient Jews did not associate the city prophecy. Another theory holds that the Greek form Nazara, used in Matthew and Luke, may derive from an earlier form in Aramaic name, or another Semitic language. If there was a Tsade (צ) in the original semitic fashion, as in later forms the Hebrew, which normally would have been transcribed in Greek with a sigma rather than a zeta. This would lead some scholars to question whether "Nazareth" and its cognates in the New Testament, in fact, refer to the settlement known traditionally as Nazareth in Lower Galilee. Language such discrepancies can be explained, however, by a "peculiarity of Aramaic dialect which was used in Israel, wherein the health (s) between two consonants tend to be partially assimilated, taking a sound zayin (Z).
Nazareth in the New Testament
In Luke's Gospel, Nazareth first described as "a city of Galilee where the house of Mary (Miriam) in Luke 01:26. After the birth of Jesus in Bethlehem and the flight into Egypt, Mary, Joseph and Jesus" returned to Galilee, to their own city, Nazareth, "which can be read in Luke chapter 2:51.
And he went down with them and came to Nazareth, and was subject to them. And his mother kept in her heart all these things.
In English translations of the New Testament, the phrase "Jesus of Nazareth" appears seventeen times while the Greek has the form "Jesus of Nazareth."
External References About Nazareth
The Nazara form is also found in the first non-Biblical reference to the city, a quote by Sextus Julius Africanus dated about 221 CE. The Fathers of the Church (c. 185-254 CE) knows Nazara and Nazaret forms. Later, Eusebius in his Onomasticon (translated by St. Jerome) also refers to her as Nazara.
The first non-Christian reference to Nazareth is an inscription on a marble fragment of a synagogue found in Caesarea Maritima in 1962. This fragment gives the city name in Hebrew as נצרת (n-ts-rt). The registration date of 300 CE and tells the assignment of priests who came to the place sometime after the Bar Kokhba revolt, 132-35 CE. A Hebrew inscription of the eighth century, was the earliest reference in Hebrew to Nazareth before the discovery of the inscription above, and uses the same form.
Nazarenes, Nasranis, Notzrim, Christians
Around 331, Eusebius records that from Nazareth name, Yeshua was called Nazareu, and in later centuries, Christians were called Nazarenes. Tertullian (Against Marcion 4: 8) states that "for this reason the Jews call them" Nazarenes Christian "three times by Paul in Romans, and" Nazarenes "once a Tertullus, a lawyer" In the New Testament are called. " Jew. rabbinic name and modern Hebrew name for Christians Notzrim, is also derived from Nazareth and is connected with accusation of Tertullus "against Paul of being a member of the sect of the Nazarenes, Acts.
Nazareth in antiquity
Archaeological research has shown that a funeral center and worship in Kfar Hahoresh, about two miles (3.2 km) from current Nazareth, dating back about 9000 years since the Neolithic B period of the pre-ceramic era. The remains of about 65 individuals have been found buried under immense horizontal structures in the form of tablet, some of which consisted of up to 3 tonnes of white gypsum produced in the loca. decorated human skulls were discovered raised archaeologists to identify Kfar Hahoresh as an important center of worship at the time.
In 1620 the Catholic Church bought an area in the Nazareth basin measuring approximately 100 m × 150 m (328.08 ft × 492.13 ft) on the side of the hill known as the Nebi Sa'in. The Franciscan Father Bellarmino Bagatti, "Director of Christian Archaeology" held extensive excavation of this "Venerated Area" from 1955 to 1965. Fr. Bagatti found ceramics dating back to the Bronze Average (2200-1500 BC) and ceramics, silos and mills Iron age (1500-586 BC) indicating a substantial dwelling in Nazareth basin during that period. However, the lack of archaeological evidence for Nazareth in the Assyrian period, Babylonian, Persian and Hellenistic or early Roman, at least in major excavations between 1955 and 1990 shows that village apparently came to an abrupt end in about 720 BC when the Assyrians destroyed many towns in the area.